You came, you saw and you TRIED to conquer all of your BurgaBox in one sitting. It's okay. Even the hungriest of people (have you seen Denver Bronco's Lineman, Matt Paradis' cheat day box?!) can't stand up to the challenge.
If you've tried a BurgaBox and have seen our ridiculous recipes, you know that we wouldn't just settle for microwaving leftovers and eating them as is. Oh no. Mac & cheese is amazing by itself but imagine all of the possibilities that can make it orgasmic the next day.
Take it from the experts (us) and use these 4 recipes to make your leftovers GREAT AGAIN!
Mac & Cheese Bites:
- Roll cold Mac & cheese into 1 inch balls.
- Beat eggs and add 1/4 cup milk in a bowl to make egg wash.
- Dip balls into egg wash then roll in bread crumbs to coat completely.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 320 or fill skillet 1/2-3/4″ deep and heat over medium high to 320.
- Fry for about 3-4 minutes and drain.
Serve this as an appetizer for pre-dinner snacks or just eat them ALL while you #NetflixandChill.
Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese: because what's better than meat, cheese and bread?
- Prepare Pulled Pork (get the recipe here if you don't have leftover pulled pork Mac & cheese)
- Heat left over Mac & cheese in a pan with thin layer of non-stick oil.
- Heat until crispy at the bottom and sprinkle cheddar jack cheese on the top if you're feeling gluttonous!
- Simultaneously, butter two pieces of sliced bread and heat up on a large pan.
- Once Mac & cheese is heated to your liking, place between two slices of toasted bread.
- Cut in half and ENJOY!
DIY Mac Attack Burger: Round two? Bring it on!
- Cook 2 slices of bacon in pan until crispy.
- Cook the burgers: Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the patty to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until cooked to desired doneness.
In another large pan heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. Add a scoop of mac & cheese to the pan and cook until heated through and crispy on the bottom. Add cheddar jack cheese and cook until melted. Pro tip: add a few drops of water and cover to help the cheese melt.
- Butter and grill buns: Spread butter on both sides of the burger buns and grill on same pan that burgers were cooked in until golden brown.
- Assemble burger: Place burger patty on bottom. Place grilled mac & cheese on top of burger patty then top with bacon. Cover with top bun and enjoy!
Bacon Mac & Cheese Bites: For those of you on a low a calorie diet.
- Line pre-cooked bacon in sprayed muffin trays.
- Next, fill lined cups with a scoop of your leftover Mac & cheese.
- Top each cup with a sprinkle of cheddar jack cheese and Panko (if you have it available).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
This is how leftovers should be done! And if you're already craving your next box...