Picture it: You’re visiting Boston for the first time and are daring enough to ask a "Masshole" for advice on where to find the best burger in town (psshh, you can answer that one). Besides our legendary rivalry with the New York Yankees and realllly historical sights, Boston is most famous for our wicked cool accent. Right away, you’ll realize that we replace our “er”s with “ah”s and speak a couple octaves higher than the average American. Even those who grew up in the suburbs are not safe from the “pahk my cah in Hahvad Yahd” stereotype. Despite our hard exterior, we want you to love that dirty water as much as we do.
We came up with some terms that will help you to successfully navigate Boston without getting lost, scared or just straight up confused.
1.Wicked: We are not insulting you. Or maybe we are. Despite the dictionary definition meaning evil, it is the equivalent to "really" or "very". i.e. The Boston Burger Company has wicked good burgers.
2."Bang a Right": Don't panic. Although you will hear blaring car horns and witness some close calls (we are known for our aggressive driving), the lady or gent is probably just telling you to take a right onto a street.
3."The T": AKA our city subway system. It's good, not great
4. Frappe: You might have seen our parent company, Boston Burger Company's famous Freak Frappes on Eater, Bravo or Mashable and you're dying to see how Boston does a "milkshake". If you're looking to try one, stop by any one of their 3 locations in the Boston area or just make them at home with these recipes. And you are dying to see how Boston does a "Milkshake". Here it is friends, BAM.
5. Bubblah: Alright. Don't get too excited. We're not hinting at our 420 Burger or any activity that might come before consuming it. It's just a water fountain.
6. Candlepin: We take sports very seriously here. We don't take the easy way out, even on the weekends. Think bowling with small pins and balls. Probably why we have 4 NFL Super Bowl titles...
7. Packie: This is not a derogatory word for a Packers fan, just a term we use for a liquor store. If you're sick of having to serve yourself beer, we have a pretty amazing draft selection at the BBC restaurants in Cambridge, Boston and Davis Square.
8. Regular Coffee: How we take our Dunkies coffee, with cream and sugar.
9. Southie: Home of Whitey Bulger and the set of The Departed.
10. Burga: In other words, a burger...our specialty. BurgaBox was created after the three owners of Boston Burger Company (Boston natives), saw all of the healthy, bland meal kit deliveries out there. Unimpressed, they exclaimed "We could put our burgas in a box!" BurgaBox was born.
We love Boston and we want you to love Boston too! If you need suggestions on your visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org!